A visit to The Workshops Rail Museum is an interactive and adventurous day out for all ages, with over 15 hands-on exhibits including informative commentary on rail history and the role rail has played throughout the world. Located at the home of Australia’s oldest working railway workshop where you can experience everything from a huge model railway, train simulators, beautifully restored locomotives and carriages and a tour of the Heritage Railway Workshops.
The Workshop Rail Museum is open 7 days a week from 9.30am to 4pm, there is an indoor adventure playground ‘Nippers Railway’ and fun-filled school holiday programs are offered throughout the year.
Take a tour of the Heritage Railways Workshops (enclosed footwear is required) and experience some of the museums key collection items. Tours take place at 10.30am and 12noon and run for approximately 30minutes. Please note tour times vary, check times at the ticket office upon arrival.
- Opening Hours: 9.30am-4pm, 7 days a week. (Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, ANZAC Day & Good Friday)
- Includes: General Admission into the Museum, more than 15 interactive exhibitions, Heritage Railways Workshop Tour.
- Excludes: Hotel Transfers
- What to Bring: Enclosed shoes are required for a Heritage Railway Workshops Tour
WORKSHOP RAIL MUSEUM TICKET prices start from:
- Adult $14.50*
- Child (3-15yrs) $11.50*
- Concession $ 12.50*
- Family (2 Adults & up to 4 Children) $44.50*
*prices are subject to change based by the operator of this tour at any time.