Springfield Lakes and the surrounding area provide nature lovers, families, hikers and outdoor enthusiasts lots of places to explore and discover.
White Rock-Spring Mountain Conservation Estate
Set your wild ones free on a great outdoor nature adventure at White Rock, you and your family will love bush walking, bike riding and picnicking. It’s a great place to engage your kids in nature and provides open ended opportunities for education, learning and discovery.
Queens Park, Ipswich
With a vast green expanse, it’s a great place to run, kick a ball and learn about the heritage of Ipswich
Green Spaces near Springfield Lakes
There are lots of green spaces, hikes and parks to discover near Springfield Lakes, The Promenade Falls, Ironbark Trail Conservation Park, Grande Park, Robelle Domain, Spring Lake Park.
Mountain Bike Trails
Love Mountain Biking? Get your kids out on their bikes!
For the young ones and beginners the 600m track off Brassall Bikeway is great for a quick spin and is suitable for all ages, training wheels not recommended as there is a quick switchback near the entrance to the trail.
Offering a good array of obstacles, rock gardens, drops and jumps, keep a watch out for mine shafts as Castle Hill was a major coal mining site.
Park at Mary Street near the Scout Hall and get riding.
Hidden Vale Adventure Park
Situated 40minutes from Ipswich, this epic Mountain Biking Park offers over 50kms of single track trails, surrounded by picturesque landscapes and magnificent views over Brisbane.
Keeping Kids Entertained – Education Ideas
The great thing about heading outside in nature is that there is so much to discover, children as well as adults instantly feel relaxed when surrounded with the open air and space. Not only does a nature adventure provide space for entertainment, exercise and relaxation, it is a great place to provide education opportunities.
- Take your sketching pads and draw plants, flowers, landscapes
- Bring a notebook and make notes about things you find and would like to research later
- Identify as many plants, animals, insects and birds that you can, record your findings
- Take photographs of things you find interesting
- If appropriate take home some leaves for doing crayon rubbings, gumnuts or rocks for painting, collect some flowers and leaves for flower/leaf pressing
- When back at home write a letter to a family member, friend or the local nursing home about your nature adventure… it will make a great story!
- Vocal exercises, learn how to whistle, whistle with a gum leaf, imitate bird calls, practise cooee
- Teach your kids about first aid and bush walking safety, essentials to carry in your back pack etc
Get outdoors with your family and most of all have FUN!
SPRINGFIELD LAKES HOTEL provide 4.5star accommodation in Springfield Lakes. Our Executive Queen Suite offers an interconnecting door to an Executive King Room creating the ideal space for a family or group of friends. BOOK YOUR SPRINGFIELD LAKES ACCOMMODATION.